Rudisill/Fairfield Park

Rudisill/Fairfield Park   

Size in acres: .10

Since 1976

Rudisill/Fairfield Park is located at the intersection of Fairfield Avenue and Rudisill Boulevard.  For more detailed location information, check out the General Park Map  or Driving Directions.

History:

The park was dedicated as Rudisill Mini Park on May 15, 1976. Speakers included Mayor Robert Armstrong. There was a presentation of both flag and colors and included music from the Bishop Luers High School Band.

This park is in an area of natural open space at the intersection of two major roads.  A park bench is conveniently located for those who want to relax.

Packard

Packard Park 

Size in acres: 4.5

Since 1937

Packard Park is located at Fairfield Avenue and Packard Avenue.  For more detailed location information,
check out the General Park Map  or Packard Park Map 

History: In June of 1933 the Park Board purchased from George B. Buist, with the Packard Piano Company the land which is now known as Packard Park.  The land was purchased for $12,000.   

 

 Packard Photo

Packard Park proposed Master Plan pictured above



WHAT TO DO

Scroll down for more information about our park features:


IMG 9252 slide


Indiana's First Beasley Outdoor Futsal Courts 

Futsal, also known as small-sided soccer, has now found a home in Packard Park!  Ready to try out the  Beasley National Soccer School? 

Read more about the Beasley Outdoor Futsal Courts in Packard Park


Pavilion

Pavilion

Packard Park features an open air shelter with tables for picnicking that is available on a first come/first served basis.


Playground

Playground

Children will be entertained all day by this playground with multiple slides, a swing set and other amenities.

Softball Diamond

Baseball diamond

Packard also features a softball diamond with bleacher seating for spectators.

 

miner7

Miner Playground  

Size in acres: 1.8

Since 1973

Miner Playground is located at Miner Street and Dewald Street.  For more detailed location information, check out the General Park Map  or Miner Playground Map 

History

In 1964 the Park & Recreation Department leased open space at on Miner Street between Walnut and Poplar streets for a basketball court from Helen O'Connor. O'Connor Construction closed its office and the entire property was put up for sale.  In 1971 the Department leased the entire property for 15 months with an option to purchase and the rental fees to apply to the purchase price if the option was exercised. In 1972 the Park Department exercised its option to buy. The purchase price was set at $35,000.  In 1971 Miner Community Center opened on this site.  In 1989 Miner Community Center closed after almost 20 years of operation and was then leased to the Boys & Girls Club. Since that time the former Community Center property has been sold.

Located one block north of the former Miner Center is Miner Playground. In 1963 The Board of School Trustees authorized the old Miner School property be transferred to the Park Board for playground purposes.  Since that time this playground has been used by countless children.

This playground features multiple slides and other amenities as well as a swing set.

Noll Park

Noll Park

Size in acres: 9.2
Since 1974

Noll Park is located at Taylor Street and N. Washington Road. 
For more detailed location information,
check out the General Park Map  or Noll Park Map 

History: Noll Park was dedicated on November 6, 1974 to William Frederick Noll. This piece of land was a gift to the City from Ms. Rose Fox and Mrs. Brett Lashell, the daughters of William F. Noll.

This park features over 9 acres of wooded area with open space for picnicking.

littleturtle4  littleturtle6

Little Turtle Memorial   

Size in acres: .13

Since 1959

Little Turtle Memorial is located east of Spy Run Avenue at Lawton Place.  For more detailed location information,
check out the General Park Map  or Little Turtle Memorial Map 

IMG 2713IMG 2710

History:

Chief Little Turtle is a man worth remembering because of his dedication to peace.  The Chief's last resting place was discovered during the construction of a house in 1912.  Mary Catherine Smeltzly, a retired history teacher, donated the land for this memorial park to Chief Little Turtle in 1959.  A grave marker was dedicated on June 13, 1960. 

Now the park serves as a quiet respite in a busy city and befitting a man who dedicated himself to peace.

 IMG 2714      

This memorial is the site of the final resting place of the great Miami Chief.

RFW Logo Hori RGB 01

IMAP.NEW

NOW AVAILABLE!  Search for parks, trails, activities and more.

We want your feedback!

new_blue_64x64Take our on-line survey now!
This quick and easy survey will only take 1 minute or less and will provide us with valuable information!

Upcoming Events

Christmas Through the Ages
27 Nov 2021  10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Pictures with Santa
3 Dec 2021   3:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Santa & Reindeer Saturdays
4 Dec 2021  12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Christmas on the Farm
4 Dec 2021   1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Wassail
5 Dec 2021   4:00 pm - 6:30 pm

Translate Content

enfrderues

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

treecityusalogosm kaboom_logo_narrow playful cityBirdTownIndianaLogo

Fort Wayne Parks & Recreation Department  705 E. State Blvd.   Fort Wayne, IN 46805  (260) 427-6000 • Office hours: Monday-Friday 8 am-5 pm  parkswebmaster@cityoffortwayne.org