June 5, 2019
Contact: Rob Hines
Public Information Officer
Fort Wayne, Ind. – Fort Wayne Parks and Recreation is offering the Friday June 7 Mitch Ryder and the Detroit Wheels/Duke Tumatoe and the Power Trio concert as a free community event at Foellinger Theatre. The concert begins at 8 pm and gates will open at 7 pm. Previously non-reserved seats will be available on a first come, first served basis Friday night.
Customers who have already purchased tickets can still enjoy their reserved seats, and in addition, on the night of the Mitch Ryder concert, they can redeem one ticket per Mitch Ryder ticket for one of Foellinger’s tribute band performances this summer. These shows are:
- Hotel California: A Salute to the Eagles – Friday, June 14
- Gabriel Sanchez presents the Prince Experience – Saturday, July 6
- Leonid & Friends: a tribute to the band Chicago – Thursday, July 11
- Just Imagine (The John Lennon Experience) Starring Tim Piper – Saturday, July 13
- Stayin’ Alive: The World’s Best Tribute to the Bee Gees – Saturday, July 20
- Rumours - A Fleetwood Mac Experience – Saturday, August 3
- Billy the Kid - The Definitive Billy Joel Tribute – Saturday, August 10
The Foellinger Theatre Box Office will be open at 6 pm for ticketholders to redeem this offer. For questions, please call Parks and Recreation main office at 260-427-6000.
Mitch Ryder and the Detroit Wheels hail from Detroit Michigan since 1964. By late 1966 the band had exploded over the airwaves with “Good Golly Miss Molly,” and “Devil With The Blue Dress On.” This year marks the 50th anniversary of Duke Tumatoe. Duke came directly from being a founding member along with Neal Doughty and Alan Gratzer of REO Speedwagon who was in those days a soul inspired Chicago based rock band. More information about the bands can be found at www.mitchryder.net and www.duketumatoe.com.
Information about all of this year’s concerts and links to tickets can be found at FoellingerTheatre.org.