The Fort Wayne Park Foundation was founded in 1973 as the charity of record for Fort Wayne Parks and Recreation (created in 1905 by the Indiana State Legislature and continues to be a branch of City government). Through the years, these two organizations have worked hand in hand to preserve the City's green spaces, create a lasting legacy for the citizens of Fort Wayne and Allen County and provide free and affordable leisure opportunities for all ages.
The Fort Wayne Park Foundation, Inc. is pleased to announce its support of Promenade Park by raising funds for the construction of the Fort Wayne Park Foundation Compass Pavilion. With generous contributions from area foundations and individuals, the Foundation raised $1,000,000 which was generously matched with $500,000 from the Community Foundation of Greater Fort Wayne. In addition, the Park Foundation pledged $150,000 from its unrestricted endowment funds to support the project.
Check out the News Release for additional information or the Riverfront web site!
In November 1973 a new organization was formed to channel donations into designated park projects. Named the Fort Wayne Park Foundation, Inc., and adopting the motto of, "Give Your Child Tomorrow," it accepts donations to be applied to capital improvements in the parks. Projects supported by the Park Foundation in recent years include: Salomon Farm Park, Foellinger Theatre, Foellinger Freimann Botanical Conservatory, Lakeside Rose Garden, and Freimann Square.
Membership is open to all city and Allen County residents, 18 years of age or older. The foundation is classified as tax-exempt.
Board of Directors
Kathy Callen, President
Sr. M. Elise Kriss, Vice President
John McMillen, Secretary
Kendall Dudley Billows
Richard L. Phillips Jr.
Richard Waterfield, Director Emeritus
Teresa Tracey, Executive Secretary
Donations to the Park Foundation are welcome, and are tax deductible.