- Please note, all customers whether swimming or not are required to pay the admission fee.
- There are no "pass outs".
- Concessions are not available at any of the pools. Please plan ahead and review the following rules:
FAMILY COOLER RULES & REGULATIONS
Individuals & families up to 8 members will be allowed to bring a small cooler (14'’ L X 12" W X 14" H) or bag into pool facility.
Large groups must eat in park before entering pool facility.
All coolers will be checked upon entering the pool.
Coolers can be checked by aquatics staff while patrons are in the facility.
No glass of any kind will be permitted in the facility at any time.
No alcohol is permitted in the pool or the park at any time.
Pizza boxes or fast food bags are not permitted in the facility.
Swimming recreational opportunities are now more available to people with disabilities at all public swimming pools, thanks in large measure to a grant from the AWS Foundation. A PAL-portable aquatic lift, placed at each pool, can transfer individuals from the side and place them into the water.
New ADA guidelines required a lift at each of public pool, including McMillen, Memorial and Northside. The PAL-portable aquatic lift (battery powered) is a sturdy, useful piece of equipment for use by people with disabilities.
This model is ADA compliant, lifts 300 lbs., is completely portable so that it can be put away when not in use, and has a 240 degree rotation to ensure a safe transfer area.
Learn to Swim
Learn-to-Swim is offered in conjunction with the American Red Cross and adheres to national standards for Red Cross aquatic programs. Classes are held at Northside Pool in Bob Arnold Park for boys and girls ages 1-15. Each Learn-to-Swim session consists of eight 45-minute lessons held Tuesday through Friday over a two week period. Pre-school and Toddler lessons are 30 minutes. Four Learn-to-Swim sessions will be offered this summer. Participants must be of minimum age by June 1, 2019.
# Sessions/Fee: 8/$35
$30 for siblings in the same session
Download the Learn to Swim brochure or a list of Learn to Swim levels to check out before you register.
Open Swim for Disabled Youth
Open swims for children with disabilities or special needs will be Mondays from 5:15-6:15 p.m. beginning June 11 at Northside Pool. No pre-registration is required. The swim is FREE. Please check in before entering the pool. A parent must accompany each child in the water.
- Both instructors Becca and Miss Jordan were absolutely wonderful, very kind, patient and fun. Angela R.
- Thank you so much Noelle, for taking Emma one on one and working with her. I have hope that each day/week she will become more brave and confident. Christina W.
- Very impressed with the professionalism and caring nature of the staff. Definitely will come back. Jamie D.
- Excellent class, kids loved every day even in the rain-Jonathan M.
- We love the small class sizes and all the instructors-the kids love coming and seeing progress in their skills in just 2 weeks. Thanks for fixing the shower temperature. Sherri S.
- The instructors were great. Sara G.
- Fantastic experience. Monique R.
- The pool staff were kind and patient-thanks so much. Carolyn C.
- We look forward to advancing next summer. Ann W.
- Olivia has been coming since she was 3 years old-we continue to come back. Deanna A.
- Great job with everything. Latisha T.