Peter Noone and Herman’s Hermits Step Up to Fill Concert Void 

Herman’s Hermits Starring Peter Noone will return to the Foellinger Theatre to perform on June 9 at 8 pm, the night Davy Jones was scheduled to go on stage. After hearing that Jones had been booked in Fort Wayne, Peter Noone promptly agreed to fill the void.

“Peter Noone often performed with Davy Jones over the last several years, and they were both born in Manchester, England, so it’s appropriate that he return on that significant day. It’s unfortunate that we can’t have Davy Jones, but reassuring to know one of his friends will perform in his place,” said Parks & Recreation Director Al Moll. “And we had great feedback after Herman’s Hermits performed last year. Peter Noone is extremely entertaining!”

At the age of fifteen, Peter Noone achieved international fame as “Herman,” lead singer of the legendary 60’s pop band Herman’s Hermits. Their classic hits include “I’m Into Something Good,” “Mrs. Brown, You’ve Got a Lovely Daughter,” “There’s a Kind of Hush,” and “I’m Henry VIII, I Am.” Ultimately, Herman’s Hermits sold over sixty million recordings, 14 singles and seven albums went gold.

“I read an interesting article about how Peter Noone introduced Davy Jones and The Monkees to The Beatles in 1967,” said Director Moll. “I’m looking forward to hearing more details about that encounter when Peter comes back to town.”

Seats for Herman’s Hermits Starring Peter Noone are priced the same as the Davy Jones concert: $25 Reserved Seating; $20 Bleacher Seating. Concert tickets may be purchased on-line at www.fortwayneparks.org, by calling 260-427-6000, or by visiting the Parks & Recreation Department office at 705 E. State Blvd., Mon – Friday,8 am –5 pm.

The 2012 Foellinger Theatre Summer Concert Series is sponsored by Fun 101.7 WLDE, Sweetwater Sound, MedPartners, Lincoln Financial Foundation, 1250 The River, NIPR, PBS 39, Whatzup, and the Indiana Arts Commission.

RFW Logo Hori RGB 01

ENGAGE FORT WAYNE

IMAP.NEW

NOW AVAILABLE!  Search for parks, trails, activities and more.

We want your feedback!

new_blue_64x64Take our on-line survey now!
This quick and easy survey will only take 1 minute or less and will provide us with valuable information!

Translate Content

enfrderues