Yes vending permits are available. For additional questions about vending permits, please call 427-6000.
You may walk your dog in any city park as long as your dog(s) is on a leash. By city ordinance, dogs are not allowed in public parks unless on a leash. You must also pick up any dog excrement. Pawster Park Pooch Playground is located in Foster Park West on Winchester Road, just off Bluffton Road. Camp Canine is located in Johnny Appleseed Park. Both facilities are owned and operated by the Fort Wayne Parks and Recreation Department. Yearly passes are available at the Fort Wayne Parks & Recreation Department (260-427-6000) . All dogs (except female dogs in heat) are welcome subject to the rules and regulations. Dogs must be on a 6’ leash until safely inside the playground enclosure (corral).
The following swimming rules and regulations have been established by the park board to insure your health, safety, and enjoyment while swimming.
1. A soap and water shower is required.
2. Clean, dry suits are required. Infected skin such as boils, acne, ringworm, athletics foot, or breaks of any type in the skin automatically prohibits your use of the pool. Pool personnel have the authority to regulate whether or not participants enter the water.
3. Running, pushing, dunking, loud vulgar language will not be tolerated. Smoking is not permitted in the pool area.
4. Articles such as face masks, fins, beach balls, glass bottles, portable radios, etc. may not be brought into the pool area. “Rain checks” are not issued.
5. Only one person on diving board at a time and one bounce. The Parks and Recreation Department is not responsible for valuables left in the basket, dressing rooms, or any lost or stolen articles.
6. No toy floats or balls are allowed in a pool. Skateboards are not allowed on pool deck.
7. Swimmers may wear U.S. Coast Guard approved life vests in the shallow end of the pool, as long as they are accompanied by an adult. Food from the concessions may only be eaten in a roped off area.
8. Failure to comply with any of the above rules and regulations is cause for dismissal from the pool.
In addition you can check out the Cooler Rules for information on the quanity and type of food you may bring into the pool ares.