Personal property or equipment brought into the parks shall be at the owner's risk.
PEACE AND QUIET
- Patrons shall preserve the peace and quiet enjoyment of the parks by observing all ordinances and laws governing noise and amplified sound.
- Patrons shall not use offensive language, discharge weapons or fireworks, or engage in offensive gestures or conduct constituting disorderly conduct.
- Patrons shall not operate sound or noise-making devices in violation of local ordinances prohibiting unreasonable noise.
City Code 96.05 PROHIBITED NOISE.
No person shall play, use, operate or permit to be played, used or operated, any machine or device for the producing or reproducing of sound, if it is located in or on any of the following:
- Any public property, including any public right-of-way, highway, building, sidewalk, park or thoroughfare, if the sound generated is audible at a distance of 30 feet from its source;
- Any motor vehicle on a public right-of-way, highway, or public space if the sound generated is audible at a distance of 30 feet from the device producing the sound.
No gathering or meeting of any kind assembled through advertising shall be permitted in any park without previous permission having been obtained from the Board of Park Commissioners.
DISTURBING OR INTRUDING UPON OTHERS
It is unlawful to disturb any picnic in a park or intrude upon it. This includes both sound (music and other loud noise) and physical intrusion. Allow them their space. Common courtesy allows all park users to enjoy their visit. Some come to play, others to rest. Respect for all is essential.
Dogs must be kept on a six-foot, hand-held leash and be well behaved at all times. Service dogs are welcome in all areas of the parks.
- Pets of any kind are not allowed inside park facilities.
- This section shall not apply to dogs under the control of a competent person in a designated fenced dog exercise area (Dog Park) in a city park or portion of a city park approved and designated for that purpose by the Board of Park Commissioners.
- You are required by law to pick up after your pet.
- Do not litter. Help maintain a clean environment by placing trash in proper containers. Never dump or deposit trash on any parkland or in park waters. Fines for this offence can reach $2,500 (City Code 50).
- If trash receptacles are not provided, take your refuse with you.
- Please help keep the restrooms in a neat and sanitary condition.
- Toilet tissue must be disposed of in the toilet and not on the floor or in containers. American sanitation systems are designed to accommodate tissue.
NO OPEN FIRES.
- Open fires, except in fireplaces, charcoal grills and ovens, shall not be permitted in any park.
- Fire permits may be issued for certain designated areas.
- Portable charcoal grills and ovens are not permitted inside pavilions or under roofs thereof. In some cases, smoke sensors can be set off which will bring the Fire Department.
All persons shall comply with the signs and markers installed by the Department.
- Park patrons engaged in disruptive, destructive or hazardous conduct may be warned and asked to stop such conduct immediately by a police officer.
- Under circumstances where a patron's conduct is unlawful, or poses an imminent threat of injury or prevents the public enjoyment of the park or facility, the police may eject such patrons by any reasonable means, including arrest.
- Vulgar, obscene and profane language is prohibited.
- Adults are responsible for their minor children's actions.
- The Noise Ordinance of the City of Fort Wayne will be enforced in City Parks. Radios, tape decks, car stereos, or other sound producing devices must be operated so as not to be plainly audible from a distance of 30 feet from the source.
Click here for more ordinance information.