Skateboarding IS allowed at Lawton Skatepark!
- No person shall bathe, wash or swim in any lagoon or river within or adjacent to any park, if entry thereto is made from such park lands.
- No one is permitted to swim in the city-operated swimming pools when the lifeguards are not on duty.
- Practicing of golf is not allowed in parks and playgrounds, except at the established practice area.
- No one is allowed on the courses without a ticket and set of golf clubs, nor when the courses are closed for the season.
- Intruding upon a golf course that is in play is disrespectful and unlawful.
RECKLESS OR HAZARDOUS OPERATION OF SKATEBOARDS AND IN-LINE SKATES, OTHER WHEELING OR SIMILAR DEVICES PROHIBITED IN CERTAIN AREAS. Click here for additional information.
- No person shall be allowed to molest, hunt, harm, frighten, kill, trap, pursue, chase, tease, shoot or throw objects at or to set snares for any wildlife, animals, birds, reptiles and fish within the limits of any park or within 500 feet outside of any park except with written permission of the Department. Fireworks, “BB” guns, slingshots, pea shooters, blow guns and paint ball guns are prohibited in all park areas unless permission has been obtained from the Department. No person is permitted to practice archery or use a bow and arrow or crossbow or other similar device in any park.
- Fishing is available at Lakeside, Franke and Hurshtown Reservoir. River fishing is also available to all ages. Fishing licensing requirements of the State of Indiana apply.
- Click here for additional information.