October 23, 2018

260-427-6028

Public Information Officer

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

World War I Memorial Grove 100 Year Rededication

Sunday, November 11

Fort Wayne, IN – On the 11th hour of the 11th day of November in 1918, the Armistice was signed, ending World War I. A century later, our community comes together to remember our local heroes who served and died in “The War to End All Wars.”

As part of Fort Wayne’s Veterans Day weekend events, the community is invited to Memorial Park, 2301 Maumee Avenue, on Sunday, November 11 at 11 a.m. for the World War I Memorial Grove 100 Year Rededication. Those in attendance will gather near the 125 trees planted in memory of 125 local soldiers, sailors, and nurses who gave their lives in WWI. Officials and dignitaries will rededicate the Memorial Grove before unveiling a new plaque honoring these 125 local heroes. Throughout the day, an honor guard will be stationed in the park for 11 hours and 11 minutes, and other tributes are being planned as well.

After the ceremony, light refreshments will be served and visitors will receive a special memento from the event.

RFW Logo Hori RGB 01

ENGAGE FORT WAYNE

IMAP.NEW

NOW AVAILABLE!  Search for parks, trails, activities and more.

We want your feedback!

new_blue_64x64Take our on-line survey now!
This quick and easy survey will only take 1 minute or less and will provide us with valuable information!

Translate Content

enfrderues